Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-12-2022, 08:09 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Best Juwel light for advanced plants - (Red)

Hi,

I got a Juwel Rio 350 tank - and CO2. For this I got 2 light sources. First a HeliaLux Spectrum 1200 - 60 Watt. And then a MultiLux MultiLux LED 120 Unit.

Now I wonder which of the two units to choose, if I wish to grow following plants?:

Dark Red Ludwigia

Alternanthera reineckii

Rotala rotundifolia 'Red'

Ludwigia sp. Mini 'Super Red'

Limnophila hippuridoides

Regards Elroy

Old 05-15-2022, 06:50 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Elroy,
I am unfamiliar with JEWEL products, but I wish that they were sold here in the states, because their products look pretty awesome. From first glance on the JUWEL website, the HeliaLux 1200 looks like it is made for plant growth. I did do some digging and found this thread...I hope it helps.

https://www.ukaps.org/forum/threads/...options.68863/

I also found this. It is in German, but you can visualize the HeliaLux capabilities.
dcutl002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2022, 10:19 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Hi,

Thanks for reply. Now thats a really cool light unit from iQuatics. Seems to be the solution Im looking for. Must save a little up first tho.

I got two questions. First - In order to get the best result for advanced plants. what kind of light bulbs to choose and in what order to put them?

Second - Any who know if I can order the light unit with EU scoket?
Old 05-15-2022, 08:22 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

Looking at iQuatics bulbs, the 14,000 K bulbs are too white for fresh water: those bulbs are for saltwater. Same for the blue bulbs. So, using the process of elimination, that leaves the "tropical" bulbs. As for the EU socket, you could email them and ask.
dcutl002 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
juwel, light, plant, plants, red

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com