Best Juwel light for advanced plants - (Red)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Elroy

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi,

I got a Juwel Rio 350 tank - and CO2. For this I got 2 light sources. First a HeliaLux Spectrum 1200 - 60 Watt. And then a MultiLux MultiLux LED 120 Unit.

Now I wonder which of the two units to choose, if I wish to grow following plants?:

Dark Red Ludwigia

Alternanthera reineckii

Rotala rotundifolia 'Red'

Ludwigia sp. Mini 'Super Red'

Limnophila hippuridoides

Regards Elroy

Elroy,
I am unfamiliar with JEWEL products, but I wish that they were sold here in the states, because their products look pretty awesome. From first glance on the JUWEL website, the HeliaLux 1200 looks like it is made for plant growth. I did do some digging and found this thread...I hope it helps.

Juwel Rio - Lighting Options

I also found this. It is in German, but you can visualize the HeliaLux capabilities.

Hi,

Thanks for reply. Now thats a really cool light unit from iQuatics. Seems to be the solution Im looking for. Must save a little up first tho.

I got two questions. First - In order to get the best result for advanced plants. what kind of light bulbs to choose and in what order to put them?

Second - Any who know if I can order the light unit with EU scoket?

Looking at iQuatics bulbs, the 14,000 K bulbs are too white for fresh water: those bulbs are for saltwater. Same for the blue bulbs. So, using the process of elimination, that leaves the "tropical" bulbs. As for the EU socket, you could email them and ask.

Hi,

I found that the solution from iQuatics not was the right one for me, despite of the 4 bulbs and the way it fitted to the flaps from Juwel. It left no room for maintance and I wanted a ip67-68 waterproof unit.

Now I found a light from Ledstar. It is the Ledstar AQ Z series 120 cm. Saw some review videoes where it got better grades than the Chihiros WRGB 2 Pro. It is waterproof - the Chihiro isnt. And the PAR values looks very great.

But I cant find a European retailer who sell the light unit. Do you know of any? Which country doesnt matter - as long it is in Europe.

Regards
Elroy

Back
Top Bottom