Best MH

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

amosora

Aquarium Advice Activist
I'm so confused with lighting needs. Up to my new tank 96inches width 17inches tall & 20 inches depth. Some suggested Mh, so I have a pending order of 2 units of MH fixture 1mh is hqi 14k 150watts de & 1 20k hqi 150w. Did i done it wrong or right, should i push through with the orders. Got some lps, soft, dan, clams, & just 1 sps

Typically 1 MH bulb will cover an area of 24"x24". An 8' tank should have 4 bulbs. 150's are quite weak, but should be OK as long as you don't get any high light demanding corals or clams.

I think i'm good w/ 150 coz my tank is just 17" in height w/o sand so probably i'll end up at 15" thanks a lot :)

Got my tank stand just waiting for the tank to be delivered this weekend. Going to my new longer tank so my tangs will have a better crib.

Attachments

• image-3991627177.jpg
    image-3991627177.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 75
  • image-3105933017.jpg
    image-3105933017.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 86
Thanks Carey. I was ticketed by the "tang police" hahaha

What do you think should I use in cycling, LR or dead Shrimp? I also need to know the step by step procedure. I have a step by step procedure but using pure ammonia. Someone discouraged me to chemical. Now I'm really undecided on what to use.

I used liver rock and pure ammonia when I did my first tank. Since then I';ve just been moving my seasoned rock from tank to tank. LOL

With the ammonia you can exactly control the amount you add with the shrimp youre kinda at the mercy of decomposition. Each method has it's pluses it's entirely up to you though.

Tank is set, a little set back on the sump i need cut the height by 4" coz I can't take out the cup from the skimmer. they will deliver the sump on wednesday. Already have to buy the skimmer coz we can not set the tank in place without it.

Attachments

• image-2668447297.jpg
    image-2668447297.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 72
  • image-3734241505.jpg
    image-3734241505.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 91
amosora said:
Tank is set, a little set back on the sump i need cut the height by 4" coz I can't take out the cup from the skimmer. they will deliver the sump on wednesday. Already have to buy the skimmer coz we can not set the tank in place without it.

You're saying the tank can't be placed until the skimmer is put in the sump?

Yes, we can't set the tank in place because we need to put the skimmer in place then push the whole cabinet before i can say it's done.

amosora said:
Yes, we can't set the tank in place because we need to put the skimmer in place then push the whole cabinet before i can say it's done.

You will be able to get the skimmer out and replace it if it ever went bad,right?

Back
Top Bottom