Best Test kit for marine/reef tanks?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Florida8

Aquarium Advice FINatic
My previous tanks have been down a while and I chunked the test kits... I think I had a Red Sea master? test kit... it's been over 6 months. This was droppers and vials, are the test strips accurate or no?

What is the best kit to purchase, a complete kit.

Thanks!

i use the seachem multitest marine basic test kit works well

i use SeaTest for Calcium, Salifert for Ammonia, and Red Sea for trites. I'm just trying to use up the RedSea kit so i can buy a better one. I wouldn't recommend RedSea...it's not that good. I have a SeaChem alkalinity test kit, and it's very confusing and i have never got it to work right. But a lot of people say they use SeaChem kits for other tests and enjoy them greatly.

I used the seachem and it's fine for ammonia, pH and Alk. I much prefer the Salifert for nittrite, nitrate, Ca, Mg as the color change from a to b is much easier to determine than the subtle shade differences on the color comparison strips. I also bought a pH monitor so I can tell just by looking at the meter.

Salifert is the best I have found. I started out using seachem but know find myself rechecking there results with a salifert test.

Back
Top Bottom