Best way to check if stand top is coplanar?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Harry Muscle

Aquarium Advice Activist
I'm dealing with a new Miracles Aquariums stand with a top that is 60" by 18". What would be the best way to check if the stand top is coplanar? Putting the tank on it unfortunately is not possible cause it's over 200lbs ... once it's on it will stay on. I'd like to verify the the top is coplanar before the tank goes on, just not sure how to do that easily ... are they any tools available to help with that (like the coplanar equivalent of a level)?

Thanks,
Harry

So you want to check if the surface is flat?? Use a level, all you need.. it's not rocket science;) what style tank are you using?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

So you want to check if the surface is flat?? Use a level, all you need.. it's not rocket science;) what style tank are you using?

Not just that it's level but that the whole stand is on the same plane. Each side of a stand could be level but the whole thing may not still be coplanar.

Dunno if you read the thread that gives a little more context to this brookster. But the stand was built custom but less than perfect. Bumps and stuff. Might take a while to do the whole thing with a level, although you could do it for sure

Not just that it's level but that the whole stand is on the same plane. Each side of a stand could be level but the whole thing may not still be coplanar.

You level it front to back, side to side and corner to corner each and every way. 6 readings. If you want to get crazy you can use a grading laser level. they're not cheap though.

Ahh ha.. now I gotcha.. thanks bandit! what kind of tank is it?

Back
Top Bottom