bio wheel not rotating

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

swanandmokashi

Aquarium Advice FINatic
The Emperor 280 which I am using to setup my 29 gallon has a bio-wheel.
The bio-wheel is not rotating.

The way I have set it up (and I may be wrong) - there seems like no chance that it will rotate.

The spray bar sprays water on the filter media. What makes the biowheel rotate ? Am I missing something.

I have an Eclipse 3 system too, which has a biowheel which is rotated continuouls by the water flowing over hte filter media. Why not with the Emperor?

The Emperors feature not one pump (as in ordinary power filters), but two separate water pumps. The Flow Pump directs water through the high-capacity Emperor Rite-Size Filter Cartridges and Media Containers. The BIO-Pump then pressurizes and sends streams of prefiltered, oxygen-rich water through the adjustable spray bars to power each BIO-Wheel.

The above is taken directly from marineland's (the manufacturer) website.

I have the Emperor 400...

Position the spray bars so they are hitting the bio-wheels at such an angle where they would rotate. The water coming out of the spray bars are the only thing rotating those bio wheels.

Good Luck
~Dan

Right - you can rotate the spray bars to flow over the biowheels, and this is definitely required for them to work, LOL!

yep , before I read these replies I did what I always do when everything else fails : RTFM (Read the ****ing manual) and figured that out !

Felt so stooooooooooopid :):) :p

well, in a sense i'm glad it was just you and not a defect in the filter :lol:

we've all had those stooooooooooooooopid moments :wink:

Good luck, it's a great filter
-Dan

Now this thread will help all who are considering this filter, so they won't have to bother reading that st*pid manual! :D

Back
Top Bottom