Biocube HQI fixture snapped off! Need advice going LED

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hondanation09

Aquarium Advice Activist
Been shooting the idea around about a new build and I guess my HQI fixture on my Biocube 29 heard me and snapped off…i mean literally the head of the fixture snapped right off the arm leaving the mounting screws in behind the metal shield of the fixture (one actually fell in tank but I got it). Luckily I had just turned the light off for a water changed and didn't zap myself.

Anyways now I need to replace the fixture and gonna go LED as I was already planning on using Kessils for my future 80-90 custom reef build. I was thinking about Kessil A360WE with gooseneck since I already have an APEX on my Biocube.

Would these be too powerful/not enough power in comparison to my old HQI to house on my biocube?

I have BTA, zoas, birdsnest, torch, 2 hammers, 2 plates.

I am thinking that I would need 2 of these on a possible 30x24x24 future build so why not buy 1 now since HQI crapped out then another when i'm ready to upgrade.

Opinions from the experts here?

Kessils are awesome and cover 2' x 2' areas. So yes you'd need 2 on the bigger tank build but one would easily cover the biocube.

Back
Top Bottom