blue glass?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lbhzuzu

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I recently obtained a used tank and when water is in it, the water is tinted blue because of the glass. i have an acrylic tank now so i dont have this problem. i was wondering if the blue tint will make my white fish blue or if my fish will stay true to their natural colors when viewed through this glass. Thanks!!

Unless you get a pure glass (like starfire I think it's called) all glass is going to tint the viewing color some. Most is green, however, I don't recall ever seeing any blue. It's usually slight, though, but it won't be as clear compared to your acrylic tank.

some glass can have a blut tint to itotheres have a green, i guess its the additives and how the glass is manufactured

The question is, does the glass actually give off a blue tinge or because the tank was used have medications been used that is altering color perception (For example, the use of Methylene Blue)?

Yes it could easily be that someone tried to fend of Ich in that tank with medication that stained it. Try using vinegar to wipe it off.

Back
Top Bottom