Blueish Light?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chade7320

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey guys i know this is a hardcore noobish question, but im looking for the light that give your saltwater tank that blueish tint. I think its mainly used to grow reefs mabey i dont know. But im not growing any reefs i just want it because it makes the tank look better as my tank is purely for asthetics. So if some one could point me in the right direction of what to buy that would be great. Im also posting a pic of the light i have currently so you can tell me more specificly which bulb to get thank you.

img_797749_0_1d71ca4628bd600ce0106882f696f133.jpg

Moved to general hardware and equipment discussion. You are talking actinics lighting. IMO you just dont want actinic lighting with one bulb. If you had a double set then you`ll want one white and one blue. That light set is a normal flourecent light set. It will do for a non coral tank but if you were to upgrade to PC`s or VHO you could bring out more of the colors in your tank. I have VHO`s and run a 50/50 bulb and a super actinic bulb and get that blue look. Check out my gallery.

If you don't want to add another main (actinic) light you could just use an ultra bright blue led. You can find them on ebay, they are several LEDs combined in a small fixture.

Back
Top Bottom