Bought tank w/ all this stuff, not sure how it goes together

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

independentcowgirl

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Okay, got a heck of a deal on this 150g tank that came with a bunch of stuff. I think I've got it put together pretty close to how it's suppose to be but would like some advice. So if you get the chance please take a look and let me know what you think. Details- 150g tank with CPR CS90 overflow (600gph), Del Rey wet/dry filter approx. 20g (being used for a sump), Blueline Aqua pump model 30 (590 gph), and an unknown brand of skimmer (lid says Amiracle but can't find this specific design any where), and an air pump that is suppose to go with skimmer but I have no idea where it hooks in at. So questions;
1. By the looks of it the protein skimmer was in the sump, but not sure how. There are two lids for sump, the one with the two intake holes (for dual overflows I think) and then another one with a bunch of holes in it (originally the bio-balls sat on it). The sump only has two compartments, separated by baffles. The baffles are opposite the ones I've seen on actual sump models though with the first opening at the bottom of the baffle separating the compartments, then a 1-1/2" space and another shorter baffle then the small return compartment. In the pictures, I've got the lid on the lower ledge and the skimmer sitting on top of it. I have a T on the overflow so part of the water will go to skimmer and part straight to sump. Will this work? Any other ideas?
2. With this type of sump setup, and the way the baffles are setup, is there no way that I can put sand, etc. in the sump?
3. It looks like the previous owner had the overflow come down and tee, one side to the intake, and one to the skimmer, entering the bottom of the skimmer, then having an outflow in the middle with the collection cup at the top. So where does the air pump fit in with the skimmer?
4. In the return portion of the sump, there are two return ports. One low one, about 1" off the bottom and then one about 4" off the bottom. There were a bunch of T-valves invovled and I think I've got it hooked to the return pump right but again, not positive. Can anyone explain why it would be setup like this?

So hopefully I haven't totally confused everyone and someone will be able to help. I'm beginning to wonder if it would have been easier to get everything separately instead of "inheriting" it like I did.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. BTW I do realize that the overflow and sump are more than likely too small for the long run but I think they're okay for now to get me started aren't they? Toni

PICT0323.jpg

PICT0324.jpg

PICT0325.jpg

You may want to remove that plastic from underneath the pump. Pics of the tank would help also.

Back
Top Bottom