Bowing 120 gallon tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Yatesy30

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey guys. Forgive my stupidity, but I bought a used 120 gallon tank. I got a little ahead of my self with excitement and got it almost filled with water. However, I realized after the fact that the top plastic brace being broken may be a bit of an issue. Sure enough the tank is bowing in the front/back by roughly half an inch(I’ll attach pictures). I’m wondering what I can do to repair the brace? I’m guessing over time the stress will cause issues and I don’t want the tank to burst obviously. It’s also a pain because I’m guessing I’ll have to drain most of the water out but that’s on me lol. Please advise, thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would clean up the break and then use the strongest 2 part epoxy I could find to make the repair. I would get a bar clamp to pull the tank together. If you have a Harbor Freight in your area these are pretty inexpensive.

image_8263.jpg

For peace of mind I would cut another piece of plastic as a splint and then epoxy it from the bottom side over the break area so you have a stronger repair.

Back
Top Bottom