Box filters

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mr Fisher

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Anyone else use one?

When I was setting up my 55 the budget got a wee tight. So I went with a large Lee's corner filter. Gotta say for the price it's pretty darn effective. I use gravel, dollar store pot scrubber for the BB and poly fill for the final layer. Waters near crystal clear.

Yes

Buy a jar of seachem matrix and replace the gravel with it and you have a bio filter, granted it isn't as effencent as one made for bio filter but it does work.i have to take it out once a month and shake it in some old tank water to knock off some old bacteria but it works and it's cheap. What is also great is when I start up a new tank I take half of the matrix and half the water into a new tank and my cycle time is about a week I even put some of the fish in to quicken the cycle. Now someone out there is going to tell me it should be cycled because u used all the stuff from the old tank try it. it usually takes me about a week to get tank right.

Back
Top Bottom