Brand new member - two questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bwats

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Good morning everyone, i'm brand new to this site, but have been reading it almost daily picking up bits and pieces of great information along the way. thank you!

My wife and I have just set up our new 100 gal tank in our living room, but, as alot of posts I have read on this same issue we were having an awful gurgle and burp coming in from our drain pipe to sump. I BELIEVE I have cured the problem with adding some durso standpipes which have dramatically reduced the issue! I was thinking of adding some 1/4" airline tubing through the top cap of the durso with an air valve, but I cant seem to find anywhere where you guys/girls are getting these valves from?

Also, the water in my right side overflow box fluctuates about 2-3 inches. The left side seems to stay perfectly level and is dead silent. Is this a problem I need to worry about?

Thanks for any help!

Welcome to AA!

I'm not familiar with the durso's, so I'm sure someone will be along shortly with that answer.

As for the water levels, did you check to make sure your tank is level?

Airline valves are pretty common and cheap in the LFS. Look by the cheesy bubbling treasure chests.

I would also check if the tank is level.

Thank you for the replys. I will have to say that my tank is approx 3/16" lower on the right side, but we have tried time and again to get this level. It is sitting on carpet/foam padding and i'm hoping it will eventually settle level. It is an Oceanic tank and stand so the bottom is a solid piece of wood that displaces the weight evenly. From what I have read so far...3/16" off SHOULD not cause a catastrophy, but I know I would eventually love to get it perfectly level. But with almost 1000 lbs of water, 100 of LR and 120 of sand, well...its kinda difficult to get ANYTHING under the stand to shim.

Back
Top Bottom