Brand of heater?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

scarf

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi, I'm about to go and buy a heater for my tank. It's 9 gallon. I asked this question (heater) before, but that was for 20g. You, on this forum, has kindly suggested I should go for the visitherm brand. However, I'm unable to get the 50W version of this brand.

Would it dangerous for me to get the 100W version for my small tank, or should I use alternative brands like Tronic or Sera? If so, which one? Thanks in advance.

id go with a ebo or a won brothers. ive only had ebo and tetra(whisper) and the ebo was great! and the tetra kinda sucked.. but the won brothers, ive heard nothing but good things about. also visitherms and other titanium heaters are good i think

I wish I could get access to those heaters but I can't. The ones I listed are generally the only one I can access :(

I recommend going with a 50W Tronic heater. I have ten of them in nine different tanks and think they are great. I really like the optional heater guard that protects the heaters from breakage and keeps fish from getting burned.

It shouldn't be dangerous to get a 100W. You should test it for at least 24 hrs (IMO) before using it with fish.
I have a 150W heater on my 20 gallon, it only really needs a 75W. The dial is set to a lower temp than the actual temp it keeps the tank at.

Back
Top Bottom