Broken centre brace - do I need to replace it?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Thorned Rose

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Went to clean out the tank I am moving to and discovered the centre brace is cracked :( :(

Photos:

img_3366091_0_b5c342cbc0320244e000348790c2b5e4.jpg

img_3366091_1_21a07058572129f80154ee35ac6c4048.jpg

If you look, this tank has something akin to euro bracing. What I am wondering is, because of this can I get away with removing the centre brace all together?

The centre brace will get in the way of the lighting setup I intended on having so even if I can't get rid of it, I would love some suggestions for alternatives. TIA! :)

Tank is a 5' x 2' x 2' with 10mm glass.
Save
Save

if it's 5' long, than I would say yes, you should repair the brace and not remove it.
at 5' wide there is a very strong likelihood of the glass flexing without the brace.

It looks as though it has been repaired judging by the 2 thin strips on each side of the cracked one . I would make sure it is and leave it for sure .

It looks as though it has been repaired judging by the 2 thin strips on each side of the cracked one . I would make sure it is and leave it for sure .

The two thin strips are there to prop up a lid (hence why they are on the outer edge bracing as well.

Back
Top Bottom