Bubble magus NAC5.5 review

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bribo12

Aquarium Advice Addict
So I've had this skimmer running on my 40 breeder for about 3 weeks now and oh man is it a beast! Within a couple days it was already pulling out greenish brown gunk. Now that it's broken in its pulling out nasty brown/black gunk. It takes about 4-5 days to fill up the cup before it needs to be emptied.
Aesthetically it looks good. Nice sleek cone design and while it is fairly tall it isn't to bulky. Adjusting it is super easy and I keep it in about 8" of water. I definitely reccomend it to anyone looking for a skimmer for a 40-60 gallon tank. Glad I got the 5.5 over the 3.5 as well. My tank is ok stocked, I have a clown, royal gramma, flame tail blenny and kole tang as well as a lot of coral and various inverts. It has no trouble keeping up with this bioload.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I have the NAC7 and am very pleased with its performance also. It did take a week or two to break in, but after that it is pulling crazy gunk out of my tank!

Thanks for the response spoonman! It seems like they really make nice skimmers. What size tank is your NAC7 on?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom