bubble walls

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

scottcast90

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I want to get a bubble wall in my tank, but I'm not sure what the best one is. I just bought an airstone one but only one side blew bubbles. I saw they had flexible rubber ones. They seem like they might be better. Anybody know of any hood bubble walls? And I have a 50 gallon tank.

Just bought one from Top Fin 48" black and bendable, need powerful air pump. Top Fin™ Flexible Bubble Wand Tubing, love it and at Petsmart mine was on clearance.

I had the same problem with a bubble wall air stone. Only half was blowing bubbles and this was after soaking if for about two hours. I will say that eventually about two weeks later now the entire length is now blowing out bubbles. I think the air stones sometimes just need time to fully saturate. I do understand your frustrations.

Thanks for the replies everybody. I bought a 28" top fin bubble wall and that's the one I'm having the problems with. I tried to poke small holes with a needle but it still didn't work on one half. I just used half of it so now It's a 14" bubble wall. But I think ill try a rubber one

The pump I have is actually pretty powerful. It's adjustable and has 4 valves. But even when turned up all the way, it just rapidly comes out one side of the wall and nothing on the other. Later I can post a picture of the air pump

I had one with 2 valves /air holes 3.5W and it didn't work as well as the whisper 10-30 3.1W one hole, so I think it was less force coming through one hole. I even tried a saddle where both holes went into one tube, still not enough force.

That makes sense. I'm not sure the exact name of the pump I have is but I know its a top fin. I'm gonna be home in about an hour so ill post either a picture or just important info on it

Top fin air 8000. AC 120v, 60Hz, 7W

This is all the info that's on the filter. There is a picture underneath this text

ForumRunner_20120514_123557.jpg

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120514_124232.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120514_124232.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 67
  • ForumRunner_20120514_124325.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120514_124325.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 72
I want to get a bubble wall in my tank, but I'm not sure what the best one is. I just bought an airstone one but only one side blew bubbles. I saw they had flexible rubber ones. They seem like they might be better. Anybody know of any hood bubble walls? And I have a 50 gallon tank.

I went to a hydroponic store and bought a heavy duty air pump that they use for plant growing operations. I have 1 LED bubble wall and 3 others burried in deep gravel and mine runs with no problem and could prob run several more aquariums. I paid about 40 bucks for it. I'm not quite sure of the brand but after I get home tonight I can send some pics.

Back
Top Bottom