Bubbles from my return pump????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CTepfenhart

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a pump that sits in my sump to return water to my display tank but I get small little bubbles coming from it. I have tried a prefilter on the intake of the pump, a second utube on my overflow box, Changing the the tubing. The tubing is secured by metal hose clamps and the water level is good???? Any imput would be great.... Thanks!

put a filter sock on the drain tube. just make sure you clean the filter sock regularly. what does your sump look like...can you post a pic?

Sometimes the intake can create a vortex that draws air down. Putting a sponge over it might help. Could be the sump design. Got baffles? Protein skimmer?

uscamaro said:
Is it making any noise like a slurping sound?

Also, is it a wet/dry filter?

No... And it is wet.. I have tried 2 diff pumps with the same result!

how is the water entering the return pump section? if bubbles are being caused by this water flow into the return section your return pump will pump those bubbles into your dt but they will be a lot smaller and a lot more of them!

the bubbles are most likely coming from the water coming down and hitting the sump area in the intake. that and/or the skimmer, if any exists. you are trying to fix a problem at the wrong end.

Back
Top Bottom