Bubbles from return/siphon break

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jasonrusso

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I just got my 225 up and running yesterday. After I turned the lights on, I could see that there were bubbles all over the place. The bubbles were coming out of the left side return. I know that it has something to do with the siphon break, because I can hear a sort of squelching noise when the water comes out of the siphon break, and when I hear the noise I see the bubbles. I know that's the issue because if I cover it with my finger the bubbles stop.

So, what is the solution??? I don't want to cover up the hole and lose the security, but I also don't want the bubbles. Can I drill a new hole just under the water line? Why doesn't the right side overflow have the same issue? They are both megaflow kits.

So I just got my 225 up and running yesterday. After I turned the lights on, I could see that there were bubbles all over the place. The bubbles were coming out of the left side return. I know that it has something to do with the siphon break, because I can hear a sort of squelching noise when the water comes out of the siphon break, and when I hear the noise I see the bubbles. I know that's the issue because if I cover it with my finger the bubbles stop.

So, what is the solution??? I don't want to cover up the hole and lose the security, but I also don't want the bubbles. Can I drill a new hole just under the water line? Why doesn't the right side overflow have the same issue? They are both megaflow kits.

Back
Top Bottom