Building Slate Shelters

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GabeC

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi all
I recently purchased various sized slate pieces from an aquarium dealership and built up a shelter(s) in my freshwater tank which like my fish, I too am happy with.
However I was thinking for safety sake, I would much rather somehow stick the pieces together and wonder what the best ways of doing so would be.
Should I use a cement of sorts or even the seachem glue I use to stick moss etc to my driftwood?
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you
Gabe

Thank you Angel Love that is what I do currently. However as some of my fish like the black red tail shark get bigger they tend to brush past these and I worry if it were to collapse and maybe injure others. Hence why I would like to build a larger permanent cave like structure.

I would think if dry you could silicone the slates together.
I would just caulk the sides and top together so you can lift off and clean or see inside easy..

Ok butting in for a moment - I am hopelessly design challenged in hardscape & would LOVE some pics to perhaps get the brain moving in the right direction

Back
Top Bottom