BuildMyLed coupon codes?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NigelK8485

Aquarium Advice Addict
I'm ordering my BML light for my 150 and I'm paused at the payment screen.

The price popped up and I gagged...and of course I'm impatient so I'm debating on going for the $20 FedEx ground or $70 2-day shipping.

If anyone has signed up for their news letter or has purchased from them and in turn has received any coupon codes that they could PM me I'd be forever in your debt.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Haha.. really gets you right in the gut huh.. I've filled out the order a few times and just exited the screen at the end.. they have some serious hardware, heavy package there..I'd take the extra 50, invest 10 in melatonin and the other 40 in a new snuggy.. fire up Netflix and wait it out... or buy more tank stuff, youre probably due for some fresh purigen and filter floss? Maybe some extra potassium? Clay root tabs for peabodys? Kickstart my tank room?? 50 mcDoubles?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Haha.. really gets you right in the gut huh.. I've filled out the order a few times and just exited the screen at the end.. they have some serious hardware, heavy package there..I'd take the extra 50, invest 10 in melatonin and the other 40 in a new snuggy.. fire up Netflix and wait it out... or buy more tank stuff, youre probably due for some fresh purigen and filter floss? Maybe some extra potassium? Clay root tabs for peabodys? Kickstart my tank room?? 50 mcDoubles?

This paragraph was a roller coaster.

I'm ordering my BML light for my 150 and I'm paused at the payment screen.

The price popped up and I gagged...and of course I'm impatient so I'm debating on going for the $20 FedEx ground or $70 2-day shipping.

If anyone has signed up for their news letter or has purchased from them and in turn has received any coupon codes that they could PM me I'd be forever in your debt.

Lol - ended at that stage several times with them. Bailed out at the overseas shipping section but it's on my wish list to buy. Mind you a par meter is as well.

This paragraph was a roller coaster.

It seriously was. Did you do standard ground shipping Brookster and how long did it take for yours? I have new plants coming this week that I'd like to have the high PAR ready for.

Like an omen my state taxes arrived today. Federal should be close behind them.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1429564212.068350.jpg

I went with the 10000k XB for the PAR levels since my tank is pretty tall. Hopefully they look nice. I also went for the two day shipping, so should receive it sometime soon hopefully.

10k huh??what are your wants? Plants or fish pop too? substrate? I bought 2nd hand.. priority was $20 I think.. half the size of yours though...

10k huh??what are your wants? Plants or fish pop too? substrate? I bought 2nd hand.. priority was $20 I think.. half the size of yours though...

Do not make me second guess this. Oh my god.

http://www.buildmyled.com/10000k-planted-xb-series/

That one. Tank is 28" tall. What do you mean plants or fish pop? Looking at pictures I love how the 10000 looks. I bought the dimmer with it as well in case it proves to be too much.

I'm familiar with the spectrum. In certain tanks it may come off a little blue/white. If you have a ton if dark greens and dark substrate it should.balance out nicely. I'd your lightly planted with light sand.. ehhhh

Not lightly planted, but I do have light sand. I'm attempting to start a s. Repens and alt. reineckii carpet here soon to cover most of it though.

I guess I'll get it and see how it looks, if I don't like it I can return it and go with the Dutch 6300

...I just emailed them to switch my order to the Dutch 6300 xp. Haha, I'm all stressed about this now.

...I just emailed them to switch my order to the Dutch 6300 xp. Haha, I'm all stressed about this now.

I can personally attest to happy face making ability of the dutch!!!

I can personally attest to happy face making ability of the dutch!!!

I know, your tank has great color. Those high PAR levels of the 10000 are just so tempting.

Lol - keep us posted on how it looks. I think I was looking at the Dutch or slightly higher when bonus comes in (hopefully).

from their website FAQ;

Do you offer discount codes?
When Randy and I launched the business, we decided to sell our products with everyday low prices. This way, our customers don’t have to spend time chasing coupon codes or waiting for the ‘big sale’. When you are ready to buy your lights, you can rest knowing that you are getting the best price.

So I guess the answer is "no" to the coupons...:(

I agree, really nice lights, not so nice price :(
but not that outrageous either

from their website FAQ;

Do you offer discount codes?
When Randy and I launched the business, we decided to sell our products with everyday low prices. This way, our customers don’t have to spend time chasing coupon codes or waiting for the ‘big sale’. When you are ready to buy your lights, you can rest knowing that you are getting the best price.

So I guess the answer is "no" to the coupons...:(

I agree, really nice lights, not so nice price :(
but not that outrageous either

So worth it.. buy once..buy right!!

yeah but the custom one I put together for my 50 salt tank on their site would cost me over $500 :eek:

No doubt, they're basically diy on steroids;)

Do they get very hot? Suitable under a wood hood?

At the moment the hood is off so no worries either way.

Not really, pretty impressive heat sinks on those bad boys. My finnex leds get at least 3x hotter than the bml.

Back
Top Bottom