Buying equipment/maintance needs online

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kalin0121

Aquarium Advice Regular
My LFS are all chains and very expensive. So I usually use dr fosters and smith online. There prices are not cheap but are cheaper than my LFS. I was wondering if anyone new any other site that may have better prices? Also I'd like to order everything on one site so I can get better shipping rates. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

I can't direct you anywhere, as I'm also new, but posting to follow the thread and hopefully get pointed in a good direction!

This forum has a lot of group buys through bulkreefsupply.

I have also bought products off Marinedepot and Dr foster and smith. Amazon is a big one. Usually I try to buy enough for free shipping or wait until the sales.

Kensfish.com has cheap cheap prices on different things

You can check here under vendor spotlights, they usually post specials there. I have used bulk reef supply with a group buy. I always keep an eye on craigslist too.

I like Bigalspets.com. Good price on some things not so good on others. I have bought a bunch of food there for a good price.

Petsolutions, Kensfish, Amazon. These are the ones I use most. I used to use Foster&Smith, but they got high on their prices, and now they copycat sales other companies have.

Petsolutions, Kensfish, Amazon. These are the ones I use most. I used to use Foster&Smith, but they got high on their prices, and now they copycat sales other companies have.

Yeah do like F&S layout. So read reviews and product specs from them sometimes.

If you have a local reef club, you can go in on a buy together to save on shipping as well. My local club did this recently and several of us were able to get a 200 gallon box of Kent Reef salt for $39 a box shipped from Petsolutions. I've used Fosters & Smith as well as Bulk Reef Supply several times myself. I, like others have stated, will also check Amazon and EBay to find good prices as well as Craigslist. My wife has an Amazon Prime account through her school, so we get free shipping on stuff from them.

Back
Top Bottom