Buying my first filter...fluval or aquatop?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm not a user of any of those brands, I'm an eheim fan! Haha but I've heard Alot of great review on fluval canister filter! :) never heard of aquatop. Fluval canister filter has many different compartment! That means the selection of filter media can be more flexible! :)

That look about the same but it shows the aqua tops come with a uv sterilizer built in...

Erikmichael23 said:
That look about the same but it shows the aqua tops come with a uv sterilizer built in...

Hmm inbuilt uv sterilizer IMO/E are near useless. Because the water flow is much too great for there to be any effective sterilizing to happen.

I use fluval and aquamanta, both canisters and very good. Never used aquatop but I personally dont like filters to have uv built in due to malfunctions and also you should check that you can freely turn the uv on and off at will - if you were to treat for disease etc you may not be able to add treatment whilst uv is on.
Personally I would choose fluval out of the two options, I know the aquatop seems better value but have you asked yourself why??? Im from the uk and also never even heard of aquatop - fluval in an internationally recognised brand. Your choice dude but filters are really important to get right!

I have a couple of fluvals and love them. Very easy to maintain and clean and havent had any issues with them yet.

I also have never heard of an aquatop, but agree on the above statement, the water will be going by the UV too fast to make a meaningful contribution. :)

I have had very good success with fluval filters, both canister and otherwise (except for the sad excuse for a filter they have in the chi tank) but for what it's worth I can definitely recommend fluval canisters. good luck!

Im seeing a few reviews online that say they keep your water looking like air....and there a new company....hmmmm

I've got a fluval and I love it. Before I got into the hobby I always wanted one. I started out with a used one and it was amazing. Haven't looked back since!

Back
Top Bottom