Buying New Aquarium Online

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Antler

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey guys I'm looking into upgrading to a 45 gallon tall setup. I only have one place in my house that's suitable for an aquarium and a 45 tall will fit that space perfectly.

Thing is the only fish store anywhere near me (newfoundland) wants $250 for JUST the aquarium. No stand, hood, filter or anything. Ive been looking for some time on the classifieds but very few large (30 gallon +) show up, and none in 45 tall. Is there somewhere online I can buy the aquarium i want that will ship?

Have you tried contacting the manufacturers to ask them who they recommend? Perfecto, Marineland, those are the brands that come to mind. They may deal with an online retailer who can help you. Good Luck!

Have you tried contacting the manufacturers to ask them who they recommend? Perfecto, Marineland, those are the brands that come to mind. They may deal with an online retailer who can help you. Good Luck!

I haven't thought of that thank you

A little update to this, petsmart has ads online for a 45 gallon tall on sale with canopy and stand for $225, it says in stores only.
I called the local petsmart and they don't have any in stock so I asked to order one. The lady told me they can't order products, that they are sent random shipments, and sell what they get. Is this correct? Should I have asked for the manager?

A little update to this, petsmart has ads online for a 45 gallon tall on sale with canopy and stand for $225, it says in stores only.
I called the local petsmart and they don't have any in stock so I asked to order one. The lady told me they can't order products, that they are sent random shipments, and sell what they get. Is this correct? Should I have asked for the manager?

I can't see why you wouldn't get a rain check? If the sale is still going on and they have NONE that's preposterous. I'd call their corporate office

Just called petsmart again. They don't carry the 45 because they are just a small store the lady said. They cannot order the tank for me, and said my only option would be too order the tank online from petsmart, which she also doubted would work.

Calling corporate office sometime today.

Have you considered searching the Rock for some glass supplier that can get you the glass and you build it your self?

Just called the online store. They told me they cannot send one to that store or me, because they don't have any in stock and cannot tell me when they will have more. Best they could do was give me a list of all the petsmart locations in Canada, and I'd call them one by one until I found a store with this tank in stock and willing to ship it!

Awaiting corporate HG to open so I can talk to someone there.

Have you considered searching the Rock for some glass supplier that can get you the glass and you build it your self?

No I did not. I'm not a diy'er, how difficult would this be?

Talking to corporate. Apparently there's nothing they can do. That's all they would tell me.

Back
Top Bottom