Buying RO/DI filter Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vindicator

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hey guys, Iv been looking at RO/DI filters the past few days, and I am having trouble deciding the best buy. First of all I am alittle confused. It seems like every aquarium dealer I have checked at sells the units for 200+ dollars. Nothing really cheaper than that. BUT I see them on ebay for around 135 bucks! And they are rated around 100gph. Why the price differance? What is going on? If anyone has bought one off of ebay without problems, do you have a good site? or can point me in the direction of a good ebay unit?

I am just really confused about the price difference.

Many people here have bought a unit from eBay and are happy with them. I think FiltersDirect is one of those eBay stores that people like.

I bought the Typhoon III from Products and answers for your water treatment needs.. They recommend either the 75gpd or the 150gpd models. Both of those have 98% rejection rates. The 100gpd model only has a 90% rejection rate which will use up the DI resin faster.

This is the unit I have RO/DI and I am very happy with it. I have had it for nearly 3 years now and it does a great job. I have also ordered replacement filters from the same seller.

Back
Top Bottom