C02 tube hose keep blowing off

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jcmcn5

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a diffuser (JARDLI Glass) which keep blowing off the hose, or the hose off the diffuser. I'm only at 3 bubbles per second, an good regulator and new hose. Takes about 10 minutes but the tube keeps blowing off.

Any suggestions? I've included pix

Attachments

• 20211119_104331.jpg
    20211119_104331.jpg
    207.6 KB · Views: 28
  • 20211119_104614.jpg
    20211119_104614.jpg
    189.6 KB · Views: 29
  • 20211119_104620.jpg
    20211119_104620.jpg
    146.6 KB · Views: 22
I have a diffuser (JARDLI Glass) which keep blowing off the hose, or the hose off the diffuser. I'm only at 3 bubbles per second, an good regulator and new hose. Takes about 10 minutes but the tube keeps blowing off.

Any suggestions? I've included pix

That would indicate that the working pressure is too high for the components in the system. Using the pressure adjuster knob (the big one) you can lower the working pressure and then use the needle valve adjuster to fine tune the flow of co2 to get the results you are looking for.

Right now your working pressure (left gauge) does not look too high for typical diffuser/bubble counter components, but you probably need to lower it.

Thanks for the reply. I've lowered the main feed, although in truth, at 50 psi, it's barely open as it is. I'll see it I can get it below 50 without turning it off

I would have thought the regulator would be ... I don't know, regulating the flow from the main tank to the smaller diffusor components?

Is there some other way to secure the host to the diffusor? This is driving me nuts. It's been working fine for 2 weeks, now it won't stay on. I've tried replacing the hose. I've lowered psi from main tank to regulator down to under 50 psi, and I'm at 3 bubbles per second, and the **** thing still blows off the diffusor within an hour. I'm at a loss

Is there some other way to secure the host to the diffusor? This is driving me nuts. It's been working fine for 2 weeks, now it won't stay on. I've tried replacing the hose. I've lowered psi from main tank to regulator down to under 50 psi, and I'm at 3 bubbles per second, and the **** thing still blows off the diffusor within an hour. I'm at a loss

I agree with Brookster. Throw a hose clamp on there and you should be good.

Back
Top Bottom