ca reactor problems

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Acronuts

Aquarium Advice Freak
Well guys I had my tank refilled on Monday and Sunday night my cylinder was empty.
Yep thats right empty! I don't fully understand why? I had the tank valve opened all the way. The solenoid i needed to keep adjusting. But I know that the needle valve was not opened all the way.
Evidently there is a leak somewhere.
Can solenoid's go bad?
Where else guys can I look for co2 leakage?
Anyhow right now I have everything turned off until I solve this problem.
If you were me what would be your plan of action. I don't mind refilling the tank again. Out here in Orlando it costs about $13.00 to fill a 5 lb tank.
In the meantime I will dose 2 part solution until I get things going with the ca reactor.
Thanks for your advice.

Use liquid soap and check all joints and connections. If there is a leak it will bubble up and you should be able to tell. Anything that man makes can go bad on you. check everything one step at a time.

Yeah, slow leaks are a pain, but just take your time and go one step at a time and you'll get it.

No I have not but it sounds like it's state of the art regulator and I'm not sure on the prices. Then again this is more then likely the only place you can get it.
From what I read it should be pretty accurate. Check to see if they do repairs if need be.

Back
Top Bottom