Can I use a Python with this sink?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SciFyDi

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi guys,
I was wondering if anyone knew if I could use a Python water changer with this sink setup? It is a custom installed Delta faucet. I’m a girl so I have no knowledge of anything plumbing related. I’m just sick and tired of dragging buckets back and forth for hours and killing my back. Also I’m probably getting a 175 in the future so the bucket changing will be virtually impossible.

My tank is upstairs so there is no going to the kitchen sink. This is the closest sink I have to my tank. I’m thinking if I can use a python I would need some sort of adaptor as well?

Here are some pictures that might help (could only get one to show up)
Thank you

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    143.8 KB · Views: 245
Agree, there has to be a threaded end on your faucet that you can unscrew, remove, then thread on the Python. I believe you can get 75 and 100 feet of tubing for the Python. So if you have a faucet on the outside of your house you could screw onto that and run it up the side of your house and through the window of your room where the tank is at.

I was actually thinking of the outside faucet as a second option if the bathroom faucet wasn’t going to work. I’m not sure though how I would be able to regulate the water temperature if it was going directly from the outside tap to the tank?
Thanks guys

Well you wouldnt be able to. I have a 150g tank in my basement with no access to a faucet with hot and cold. I have to use an outside faucet. I have a 55 gallon plastic drum that I fill up in my basement from my Python hooked up outside. I drop a 300 watt submersible heater cranked all the way up in it until it reaches my tank temp. I then use the Python in my tank to remove water for my water change as the water is heating in the drum. Once it's heated, I put dechlorinator in it, drop in a little submersible pump that has an outlet hose that I place in my fish tank, and I fill my tank.

Just a thought if your going to get extra tubing could you attach it your kitchen sink?

I’m going to have to run a tape measure from the tank to the kitchen sink and then from the tank to the outside tap.Initially I didn’t think a python could reach that far but I’ll do actual measurements. The kitchen faucet has a piece that screws off so I guess that means I can get a python on it.
Is the Python better than the Aqueon?

I’m going to have to run a tape measure from the tank to the kitchen sink and then from the tank to the outside tap.Initially I didn’t think a python could reach that far but I’ll do actual measurements. The kitchen faucet has a piece that screws off so I guess that means I can get a python on it.
Is the Python better than the Aqueon?

Yep that's the one you want. One with a screw off end. For mine I ended up needing to get a piece that screws in to allow my water hose connect. Not sure what size the python is but you might have to get one also.

Python comes with a couple of adapters. Should fit your faucet if it screws off. There's an adapter for screwing on and for screwing into a faucet.

My python is 50' at the moment which works fine for now as most of my tanks are downstairs by the laundry tap its attached to BUT as I'm moving all my tanks to the main floor into one big fish room I have the feeling additional tubing or a new larger one is going on my Xmas list

If you need to extend the length of your python may I suggest potable water hose as an alternative? Much more durable. Ensure the hose says potable

Back
Top Bottom