canister filter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nitrous

Aquarium Advice FINatic
what would be the best canister filter for a 55 gallon tropical fish tank but not the most expensive filter
thanks preferably from big als or doctor foster smith
i am looking at the filstar xp2 how is that one?

Filstar is highly recommended. I just ordered the XP3 and Im waiting for its arrival. Affordable and efficient. Sounds like a good value.

PS: ( I do not work for aquarium pharmeceuticals) :lol:

I purchased the xp2 from big als about 3 months ago. So far so good, and I would purchase another in a minute.

1) Easy setup
2) Quiet
3) Good price
4) Crystal clear water What more could you want

Yep, same here . . .I got the XP2 and I love it . . . although looking back at it, I wish I had ordered the XP3 even though it is slightly overkill, I'll still have it when the time comes to get a bigger tank . . . .and I WILL get a bigger tank . . . because I have the disease.

ordered my XP3 from Bigalsonline.com for $99.99 STEAL OF A DEAL you should get one too read some really good feedbacks from MANY people on here its coming friday

No, like I said . . . I don't NEED it, not yet, but it would have saved me from having to buy another when I get a bigger tank. Would have been better for me to have spent the extra $20 now rather than having to spend another $100 when I get a bigger tank.

Just looking ahead. I'd recommend the XP3. If you've no intention of getting a bigger tank, then the XP2 is fine. Mine is running beautifully and without a sound and my water is absolutely crystal clear.

Do not go by the manufacturers rating. They are inaccurate unless you plan to lightly stock the tank with non-messy fish.

I am using a Cascade 1000 on my 55 gal tank. It is quiet, efficient, easily hidden (the hoses and input/output tubes are black), and very easy to maintain. Setup took about 10 minutes. And that included cleaning it.

donttaptheglass said:
No, like I said . . . I don't NEED it, not yet, but it would have saved me from having to buy another when I get a bigger tank. Would have been better for me to have spent the extra $20 now rather than having to spend another $100 when I get a bigger tank.

my EXACT reasoning for gettin the xp3 over the xp2, might be overkill but 20 bucks instead of another 100-110 seemed worth it to me.

xp2 owner and very happy with it been running for over a year now not one issue would have bought a xp3 if i could do it again though. cant ever have to much room for media.

I haven't had my tank running for too long, but I really like the XP2 for my 46 gallon.

Mine is super quiet and easy to take apart and put back together.

I have the XP1 on my 29 gallon and I love it so far. It was easier to set up than my Fluval 104 and I like the fact that it includes a spray bar, which is good for my planted tank. That said, I like the Fluval too, but overall I think the Filstar might be a better value in terms of gph for your money.

Back
Top Bottom