Canister filter inlet/out hose diameter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fresh808

Aquarium Advice Activist
I am going to make a modification to my stand I just finished building and need to know what the diameter of the inlet and outlet lines are on most canister filters?
I will get a HOB filter for a while? Prob try the AC110 till I am sure what canister to get. Was thinking of one by either Eheim or Rena. Poss considering Fluval as well. Truthfully, I have no idea which canister filter to even begin to consider.
Thanks for the help!
Scott

My Eheim 2234 (rated for 60 gals) uses 1/2 inch line tubing.

I am totally sold on Eheim over Fluval. My fluval does a great job on water clarity, but its fussy and needs to be cleaned more often compared to my 2 Eheims, which deliver equally great results.

I don't own a Rena, so can't comment.

My Eheim 2234 (rated for 60 gals) uses 1/2 inch line tubing.

I am totally sold on Eheim over Fluval. My fluval does a great job on water clarity, but its fussy and needs to be cleaned more often compared to my 2 Eheims, which deliver equally great results.

I don't own a Rena, so can't comment.

My fluval has a 5/8 line in and out. And it's better than muds.. lol Just kidding

Oh yeah? Watch out or my Eheims will come kick your fluval's ceramic rings.

I won't start an Eheim vs Fluval vs Marineland vs Rena war, but Fluval is the best lol (jk, actually, maybe I'm not).

Are you needing to drill a hole for the hose? If so, I'd just go with 1" to allow you to use about any canister.

I won't start an Eheim vs Fluval vs Marineland vs Rena war, but Fluval is the best lol (jk, actually, maybe I'm not).

Are you needing to drill a hole for the hose? If so, I'd just go with 1" to allow you to use about any canister.

LMAO

Back
Top Bottom