Canister filter pipes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

newfishhobbyist

Aquarium Advice Regular
hi all. can you give me suggestions on how to clean the pipes that run from the filter? I was looking at pipe cleaners but I am not able to find ones that are long enough.
Thanks!

When the tubing on my filter gets dirty I usually just rinse them out with water and swish it around pretty good. Gets a lot of junk out. If all else fails, you can probably replace them.

I take the lines off the filter and drop a line through it, fasten a cotton ball on the end and pull it through.
Spik and Span

I take the lines off the filter and drop a line through it, fasten a cotton ball on the end and pull it through.
Spik and Span
I do something similar, I drop a line through and tie it to my pipe cleaner and tie another line to the brush end and pull it back and forth. When my better half is feeling charitable she helps me, they come out like new.

i just use bleach that should help a lot. then i wash it out a few times and dump some water with a bunch of prime in it to break down any extra bleach.

Back
Top Bottom