Canister media question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cichlidthinker

Aquarium Advice Freak
Im buying a canister for the first time and i think i got the idea of what i should put in and in what order , on the bottom is biological filtration and the trays above that is mechanical ? Correct me if im wrong.... But what biological media should i use? Ceramic rings ? Bio balls ? Seachem matrix ? Really dont know :)
If there were 3 or 4 trays what would you fill them with and in what order ?
Thanks in advance

What filter are you buying? Different filter uses different order.

Anyhow, water usually reach sponges first, then carbon, peat moss, or other chemistry modifying elements. Then biomax and finishes with polishing.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

The instruction manual should tell you how media should be placed.

This one looks like an eheim pro filter.. Usually, you would put the sponge at the bottom, coarse+fine and then carbon/ceramic ring/biomax. Finish the top try with bio and/or polishing pads.

filter media placement

I'm using a fluvial 205... Currently set at sponge. Foam. 2x ceramic. Last tray empty.... what's the best long term polishing media....it's been empty since I bought it..thanks

I'm using a fluvial 205... Currently set at sponge. Foam. 2x ceramic. Last tray empty.... what's the best long term polishing media....it's been empty since I bought it..thanks
You should start your own thread instead of hijacking. Lol

I just use a polyester floss in there. It does the job.

Back
Top Bottom