Canister return spitting bubbles

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Patrick Bateman

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My Marinelife canister filter regularly (a few times a minute) spews little bursts of microbubbles into the tank. It's pretty much been doing this since I got it, but it's getting worse.

I clean it regularly, and in fact just cleaned it a few days ago. Anybody know what could be up and how to fix it?

i dont really know all that much about the units but it has to be 1 of 2 things (at least that i know of) the pump collecting air from an external source or a loose/hole in any inlet pipe?

-Brad

It has to be getting air in it somehow. Have you made sure of all the connections being secure?

Also make sure the inlet is not next to a bubbler or too close to the surface where it can suck in air.

The leak can be an ill fitting o-ring, so make sure you seat all of them. You might want to grease the o-rings with petroleum jelly for better seal.

I have a fluval 405 did the same might have air lock what i did was block of the inlet tube for second or two till u feel some presure then let go
some time little bit's of air get trapped espesailly if you been cleening it lots

pleased if i could help

I solved my leak with the help of Ruadh.
I have a Rena XP 2 that was spitting air. It was driving us nuts.
I checked everything and couldn't find a leak. Put new vinyl hoses on it,
cleaned the impeller assy, re lubed the o-rings & seals.
The original hoses were opaque. The vinyl ones are clear, when I lookied
at the intake hose while it was pumping, I could see air bubbles. So I taped it up.

Here is my first thread:
Rena SP2 pumping bubbles

Then I found ABOUT where the leak was:

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f60/to-all-rena-xp-owners-113479.html

It took a LONG time to find the problem. The XP is now back to it's old quiet seld.

Good luck
Charles

Back
Top Bottom