Cannister Filter contents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jarrett

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a Eheim 2217 and i am trying to get rid of my red cyno problem so my first course of action was to get a phosphate absorption pad i put that in yesterday and i just came home from work and my water has like a white tint to it is this normal? second question is it possible to have to much filter floss? or as long as theirs flow coming out of the return from the canister i am ok?

i only have .25 of phosphates do you think that much could really be fueling my cyno problem or something else i feed once a day lately ive been going every other day and my lights are on from 9-6 and weekly water changes

No such thing as too much filter floss. At least it's hard to do so. I only use ehime. I havnt seen your tank but it sounds like a bacterial bloom if you have pics I could tell you better.

yea i think the white tint was from the phosphate pad it was very dusty and i didnt rinse it before i put it in my filter my mistake. but the tank cleared up and looks good this morning. do you think .25 of phosphates is really wahts fueling my algea problem?

Not as much as you think, increase the water flow and get a good clean up crew, or antibiotics, whichever you prefere

Back
Top Bottom