Can't install my HOB AquaC Remora on my new Seaclear tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bodie

Aquarium Advice Regular
I just set up my new 50 gallon Seaclear tank and I wanted to install my HOB AquaC Remora skimmer to the back of the tank, but the lip on the back of the tank is 2 1/2 inches wide and the AquaC Remora Skimmer only goes out about 1 1/4 inches. I tried installing the skimmer on the back of my wet dry filter which is located underneath my tank, but I had to add 8 inches of flexible PVC tubing in order for the pump to be submersed in water. It appeared as if it was working, but I noticed that the skimmer is only flowing water and is not generating any bubbles. I think this is because I had to add so much extra tubing to fit in order for the pump to be submersed. I assume that adding the extra tubing has lowered the GPH because the pump has to push the water that extra distance before it gets to the skimmer. Does anyone know if this is the reason that my skimmer is only pumping water and not creating bubbles?

I had moved all of the water and inhabitants from my old 35 gallon into this new 50 gallon. Prior to switching tanks, the skimmer was pumping out a lot of foam and waste, so I don't think the lack of bubbles is a result of the new tank set up. Is there a way to install my AquaC Remora skimmer to the back of my Seaclear tank? If not, is there a way to hang it on the back of my wet dry and get it to work properly if I have to install extra tubing for the pump to be submersed in water?

I'm not familiar enough to say for certian... The only electronic part on an Aqua C Remora is the pump that's already submersed, right? Could you add a partition in the wet/dry to hang the skimmer off of, that would be the right height relative to the water?

I thought about that as well, but the problem is the pump is connected to some vinyl PVC pipe which is connected to hard plastic pipe. The hard plastic pipe only goes out as far as the lip which is around 1 1/4 inch. At this point, I'm almost willing to purchase a new skimmer, but I haven't seen any HOB skimmers that extend the 2 1/2 inches that is necessary to hang it on the back of my SeaClear acrylic tank. My other problem, is that the open area in my sump can only fit 9 1/2 inches by 5 inches and I haven't been able to find an in sump skimmer that would fit both the skimmer and pump in that small area. I think I might be screwed...

Is there a second space where you could fit the pump, and run flexible hosing between?

Can you post either a picture or measured diagram of your wet/dry? Lots of people have converted wet/drys into sumps.

I use my Remora as a HOB skimmer on the sump. Just lengthen the tube. I contacted AquaC and they said it was fine. R

Back
Top Bottom