Cerges Reactor

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dcutl002

Aquarium Advice Addict
I am going to build a Cerges Reactor for my 55-gallon tank. I already ordered a clear water filter from Menards for $23. I'll get all of the plumbing fittings from the hardware store. My plan is to inject the CO2 into a tee on the inlet instead of drilling into the top of the filter. I have an EHEIM 2215 with pressurized CO2 and plan to run the output into the reactor. Will that be too much flow? Will I need a bypass? Does anyone have experience with these? I am tired of diffusers and I hear that reactors are the way to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I made this for sunsun 304b (340 gph) no majorly restricted flow.. you can always drill out your spray bar to reduce the flow and slow it's contact time.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Pic.

Attachments

• 1417108637642.jpg
    1417108637642.jpg
    147.1 KB · Views: 335
I built a cerges for my 75 and have it on my 2075 eheim. It does great. I get a few micro bubbles. I should have went with a 20" but I am happy with it.

OK, cool. I believe the one that I ordered is 13" high. I'm hoping for the best.

Sent from my HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook PC using Tapatalk

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417286181.721395.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1417286229.717811.jpg
Well since I have 3 tanks that need CO2, i got the fever to make something while waiting on my water filter. I took an old Python suction tube and assembled some fittings from the hardware store. Then I broke the ceramic off of an old diffuser, drilled a hole on the side of the reactor and glued the nylon CO2 fitting to the top. Once the glue cures I am going to use this. I am really getting tired of diffusers and am hoping this works.

Better leak test that bad boy; )

I will. I have enough epoxy to build a battleship on this thing. I am hoping for success ?.

I will. I have enough epoxy to build a battleship on this thing. I am hoping for success ?.

Haha excellent!

That's it. I am building 2 more reactors and getting rid of my diffusers. Why did I wait so long?

Dry floor this morning D? Hehe.. notice a difference in DC color yet?

The floor was dry as a bone. I noticed the CO2 bubbles dancing in the reactor a bit and then over time the bubble cloud grew bigger. Even as the gas cloud grew bigger I still did not see bubbles exiting the reactor. After the solenoid shut the CO2 off the cloud dissipated after maybe 45 - 60 minutes. So, I guess I am oK. I think the next reactor will be a bit longer just for insurance. I am pumping about 4 BBS. Question: what is DC color?

Question: is there a glass drop checker that will work on a "rimmed" tank? I am tired of the cheap ones with worthless suction cups.

I use a glass one.. suction cup is fine.. just clean it once a month? ?

Back
Top Bottom