Cheap way to clean fishtank glass inside and out

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dahak

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Looking on ebay and amazon and i see name brand glass cleaner like kent marine and a and p glass cleaners are expensive,could i use water and vinegar to clean the inside and outside glass without scratching the glass.Also would using paper towels scratch the glass?

Looking on ebay and amazon and i see name brand glass cleaner like kent marine and a and p glass cleaners are expensive,could i use water and vinegar to clean the inside and outside glass without scratching the glass.Also would using paper towels scratch the glass?
You can of course use vinegar and water to clean the glass. I assume when you say the inside, you mean when the tank is empty??. I use neat vinegar on the inside(when empty) to clean a used tank that has calcium build up on it. A good rinse of WARM water will remove any trace of the vinegar. Another good thing to use, on the outside, is alcohol wipes(first aid wipes). They remove water stains effortlessly. It is safe to use regular glass cleaner on the outside. Spray it onto some paper towel NOT directly onto the glass. Use some dry paper towel to dry it. Make sure you spray it onto the paper towel a safe distance from the tank, as the fine spray can get into the tank.....
Paper towel won't scratch the glass, unless there has been sand/fine gravel in the tank, in which case give it a good rinse first....

Back
Top Bottom