Cheaper protein skimmer?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jaycie

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a 29 gal. tank and was considering the CPR Bak Pak 2. Is there a cheaper skimmer that will work as well on my tank? Not that $130 is expensive, but just money is money. Also do I need the one with the Bio Bale? I have a Aquaclear HOB and live rock(1.5 lbs per gallon) Also, has anyone ordered off ebay? Pros and cons? TIA!

Well I have a ViaAqua multi-skimmer and it was the cheapest quality one I could find. It's actually a multi-skimmer in the sense it does filtration also.

I have a 55G tank and ut claims to be able to handle the filtration for that and more if I recall.

Thanks falnque. Does anyone else have any opinions?

Besides trying DIY, you won't find anything cheaper which works as well. I'd go for the BakPak.

I like my berlin airlift 60. some people say it requires constant adjustment but it has worked fine so far for me.

When it comes to skimmers you get what you pay for.. If your short on funds you could try the cpr bak pak or try the coralife skimmer.

try www.amekaaquatics.com and look at their Factory Seconds. can get a cpr bak-pak that might have a cosmetic blemish, but is otherwise completely functional for $104 last time I checked.

Whatever you do, no Skilter's and no RedSea Prism skimmers.

Thanks guys, I think I'll go with the Bak Pak. It's usually not the cost of the skimmer($130 or so) but the cost of shipping to Hawaii. Any online stores with good shpping rates? Thanks again.

i would honestly get the best skimmer that you could afford...a good skimmer comes a longgg way

Back
Top Bottom