Chiped Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jmon777

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
i was trying get some crappy gravel out of a 30 gallon tank (never buy the dyed stuff from a chain store) and to get the last bit out of the tank i tipped it up on the bathtub and it it chipped the sides of it but it still holds water fine. but in about 3 spots on the side are chipped about half way through the glass. should a i patch it with something or should i just throw it away?

I'm not sure of the price, but I'd think a new 30g doesn't cost as much as the nightmare a tank full of water and gravel might cause one night at 3am. :)

ok ill get a new 20 ( meant to out 20 instead of 30).
this was really what i was thinking of doing anyways i wish i had room for a bigger tank but 20 is all i can get

If it is a 20 long, a 29 has the same footprint it's just a little taller, if you wanted to consider going larger.

If it is a 20 long, a 29 has the same footprint it's just a little taller, if you wanted to consider going larger.

that's what i have been thinking of doing. i would just have to buy a new a hood.

Blueiz is right. I was given a 29g when I was younger and the only reason I was allowed to take it was I didn't have to buy any new equipment for it. Everything from my 20L fit my 29.

You must have a 20 high..
yes i did i really had no idea what i was buying or doing. guess i can explain what im doing little bit. its been kind of nightmare.lol
ok i bought my girlfriend a tank for her birth day i did some research on cycling and thought ok cool that's all there is to it. but bought the crappy gravel that had the water cloudy also i think we were over using some chemicals also we then added fish to crappy water then we deiced to clean the tank and lost the 7 of the eight fish in there was 3 mollies 5 glowlight tetras (we had way to fish many also.) then while getting the last bit of water out it chipped so i went to buy a new tank for her she has resently came into some money so she used what i gave her plus some and bought a 40gl long with stand that im trying to help set up some cichilds. and i was going to use what was left what i got her originally because spent a 130 on that 20gl kit. but it turns out most of it is crap:mad:.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom