Circulation in a 120 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sqasnatch

Aquarium Advice FINatic
O I have I 120 gallon aquarium, but I want to upgrade, so most of the equipment I buy, I buy overkill, so I want to get 2 koralia mag 8's with wave controller. Mag 8 is 3200 gph, is this gonna be to much current in my tank, ( reef aquarium )

i think that will be too much and for the record i am a freak about high circulation lol.

I have 2 1400 koralias in my 6 foot 125g tank and that seems juts perfect. Between them and my return of 1200gph or so I think I'm set. :)

Hmm. That sucks. I was kinda hoping that it would work if I just run the direct flow down the glass, oh and FYI, I just read an article that was talking about return water from the sump and the flow rate. It stated that for Refugium to work properly that the tanks total volume should only run through the sump about twice an hour. But if you don't have a built in refugium I guess the faster the better. I slowed mine down and have noticed an improvement. Especially in pod population

Back
Top Bottom