Circulation Pumps

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

alyxandria

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hi all! I have a 75G tank and a 20G sump. I'm trying to decide what circulation pumps I want to go with. I don't want any dead spots in behind.

I was thinking about going with four jebao wp-10's with two wave makers.

Two in the back, two in the front. No dead spots.

Would this work?

What's the advantage of having wave makers and special circulation pumps?

It would be half the price to go with regular circulation pumps. Is it worth it?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Wavemakers are simply going to alternate pumps and such. Worthless IMO. You can simply run all of those pumps at the same time, point them at each other for a chaotic flow throughout the tank.

The jeboas cost a little more then a hydor but the difference is UNREAL!
I'll never buy a hydor again!
I love all my jeboa equip, including my 2 wp40 in my 75 and 1wp60 in my 120.
The 1 in the 120 blows a $400 tunze(and it's special feature options) away!
The jeboa comes with all sorts of features.
NEVER heard one complain if they stayed running.
I have had mine for a couple years now.
I would definitely buy these again.
I use their DC return pumps also(love them!).

Sniperhank:

Okay. Good to know. If I can just point them at each other I think I might go with that option.

Do you think four 800GPH power heads would suffice? Two pointing at each other, one for behind the rock to prevent dead spots and one pointed up for surface agitation.

I like the fancy controllers and stuff but I can always upgrade later if I have spare cash (which is hardly ever with this hobby lol)

Coralbandit:

Also I was going to buy the DC6000 now that you mention it as a return. Do you like them? What about the jebao ATO? Do you have that?

I have 2 jabao wp25 in my 75g. They are more then enough for my reef tank. I don't even have them up high only on level 2. Don't think u will need 4.

For me wp 40 is too big and take up too much space and unless u are planning to blow lots of water, wp 25 is better. Don't get wp 10, as I heard those wp 10 fails alot.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Coralbandit:

Also I was going to buy the DC6000 now that you mention it as a return. Do you like them? What about the jebao ATO? Do you have that?
I run the 12000.Have 3 in different applications and like them very much, no problems in almost 2 years now I think .
Possibly I have the wb 25 and 40 not 40 and 60(spacing??),but they really are versatile.

Ok I think you guys have me convinced. I'm going to go with the Jebao for the sheer fact that it has fancy features and buttons lol.

The WP10 is too small correct?

I'm thinking of getting one WP25 to start with and then getting another later on. But two should be my end goal right?

Wp 25, yes. U can go 2 to 3. It depends. I actually have my return work as one too, so u can have 3 if your return isn't pushing alot of water.

There is also the jebao RW-8 or RW-15. They are just under $100 a pop but are wifi linkable and quite strong. I have an 8 and a 15 on my 110 gal tank (same footprint as your 75) and it's fine. 2 rw15s would be better for my tank but alas I got the rw8 first. Still, I don't have the 15 on max flow and it's more than enough.

I can get the WP25's with the controller for $60 and I think that's as much as I'm willing to spend on a circulation pump. I'm already going above what I was planning on (was just going to get a basic powerhead) and as a college student I don't have a lot of spare cash at the moment since tuition is due soon lol.

And really in my opinion, the WP25's do the exact same as the RW-8's but aren't linkable. I don't think I'm willing to spend an extra $60-70 or so overall for that feature.

I think I'm going to go with the two WP25's. Thanks guys!

Wp 25, yes. U can go 2 to 3. It depends. I actually have my return work as one too, so u can have 3 if your return isn't pushing alot of water.

I'm buying the Jebao DC6000 return which is overkill i think but it's adjustable so it can be used on other applications in the future too if we ever decide to upgrade. My overflow is 1500 GPH with 1.5" PVC and my return is 3/4" PVC with an adjustable pump so that could act as a third pump too, like you said. And I bought the locline and flare nozzle so I can direct it.

Personally I went with sicca pump. Its the most quiet return pump. Jebao was too loud

Back
Top Bottom