Cleaning cannister filter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Meesh

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a Forza 7 cannister filter that came with very little in instruction or manual, and not much on the Web site or YouTube. Unless I'm just missing it, and if someone can post a link that'd be great.

I really can't put it off any longer, I need to open it up and check to make sure nothing is ready to clog, rinse the media (in the removed tank water during a water change) and just generally give it a good once over.

It's been up and running since mid October with no problems.

Any generic advise for the practicalities of shutting down, undoing hoses and opening up a cannister filter? Anyone have specific experience with a Forza?

Thanks!

Someone else had once asked about that filter here. From what I can see, the design is pretty identical to AquaTop and SunSun. I have a new SunSun and have not opened it yet for maintenance. The instructions that came with it lacked detail.
Check out Google/videos. There are a few YouTube links such as this one:

Thanks! Just took care of it. Wasn't as nasty as I was afraid it might be. Coincidentally, because I saw them before I started, two of my seven Zebra Danios died. They were first fish in the tank, October. Water had been stable during weekly testing and I have been busy, so last a month ago, so once everything settles in the tank I'll test the water and see if I have something to worry about.

Everything tests good. Guess it was just one of those things.

1486313102257.jpg

Back
Top Bottom