cleaning filter sock?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I either hose mine off with a high powered garden hose adaptor or I throw them in the washing machine, no soap of course...:)

Will putting them in the wash get the cleaned out enough that I don't have to switch them out everyday. And when putting them in the wash do u use hot or cold water?

I use the sanitize cycle with mine, hot hot water. I tend to have to change my socks out twice a week which isnt really a big hassle. I do get better results doing it by hand but I have so many socks sometimes it's more practical to use the washer. :)

Thanks for the suggestion Carey. I tried it last night and I'm not sure how well it worked. They look allot cleaner but they still have this brown tint to it is that normal?

yeah, unfortunately using the washing machine leaves discoloration but they should work just fine. Some people use bleach when cleaning them and then soak them in Prime afterwards but I don't have the nerve to try it LOL

Back
Top Bottom