cleaning the tank -

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

55gallons

Aquarium Advice Regular
ok - as some know- i recently got a new 20 gallon tank - it needs cleaning -

when you fill the tank with water it looks like tons of little tiny bubbles on the inside the tank - when the tank is dry you would see a white scale like stuff- I have decided after much thinking i am gona use pure bottled water from the store i think - cause i realise that when i turn the garden hose on out side it is bubbly - sudsy . that is a concern i have i'm not sure if its just my water hookup or if the whole neighborhood has the same issue .

now back to cleaning the tank - i thought you can use vinager to clean the tank - so i put 2 cap fulls of vinager in the tank scrubbed it and drained and rinised it out - and i left it alone for a bout an hour to dry - and it still has a scaly whitish stuff on it - I Was told to take a straight razor and scrape it off as its dead algea and it should clean up- I thought my aquarium brush would do the trick guess not - . i'll have to upload my pics see if i can get it to show some - or use my other tank which has the same thing in it .. im hoping that the razor will do the trick. any ideas?

heres another pic - this is my 55 gallon tall- AS well

ITS a tad closer if you look 4" from the bottom and to the corner area where the sides meet you can see the scale -- atleast that is what i think it is .
img_712601_0_1231ddf84ede12aff7e95c99dc7ab915.jpg

Here is my 20gallon - Looks nice and clean don't it ? well no - still has the scales
img_712601_1_f484dca637eae06ffee235a6f91a8508.jpg

Attachments

• pict0006_568.jpg
    pict0006_568.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 21
A razor will work with vinegar on a glass tank, not acrylic though. The bubbles are normal when first filling a tank up.

Back
Top Bottom