Common question--Will my floor be fine?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cjpf

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello,

I'll be moving in about a month and a half, and I wanted to take this opportunity to upgrade to a tank that has been sitting empty in my current place.

The tank is 72in X 24in X 24in (Bow front). the stand is 88in x 25in x 41in. So, I would say a little under 180 US gal.

I will be moving to a building that used to be a warehouse. It was built in 1921-1923 and the floors are completely made out of cement. Later when transformed to residential condos, they covered the cement with wood laminate. The building has housed anything from a noodle manufacturer, milking machine company, confectioner wholesaler and mixed media artists.

The apartment is on the 6th floor, and I am wondering what are the odds of the floor holding this size of tank. The property manager knows about the tank and he says that it doesn't matter because no one will see it. He just required me to have appropriate rental insurance.

Any ideas?!?! Several people I have talked to seem to think the tank will be alright.

Thank you for any help!!

Pretty hard to say. Would that be about say 7 blokes standing in a small spot? It sounds ok but I guess you could fill it and see for any floor bowing with a level?

Back
Top Bottom