confused with filtration system: wet-dry vs. canister

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bapski

Aquarium Advice Activist
just got back form a different lfs. the guys there are wondering how somebody (from the lfs that i got my tank and filter canister) would suggest a canister for a saltwater tank. guy was very adamant that canister is no good. is this true. is this a time for me to press the panic button?

help please.. so i can call lfs where i got the tank and filter and see if i could have it exchanged...

Both cannisters and wet/dry are considered to be nitrate factories. Bad news if you want corals, not so bad for FO or FOWLR. Some members report using one or the other with LR and not having any nitrate problems. So, if lfs2 is trying to sell you a wet/dry to replace your cannister from lfs1, tell him thanks, but no thanks.

thanks for the reply.. . .took a nap and kinda decided to stick with the canister not unless there is really a big drawback between a canister and wet-dry...

I think you'd be happier in the long run to return your canister and put the money towards more LR.

Back
Top Bottom