Connecting Flexhose to bulkhead

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mordred

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I was a bit curious as to how far you tighten your hose into the bulkhead? For example, right now I have tightened it at least half way and still have a slight drip.

I am debating between removing and adding on even more teflon tape
or just screwing the hose in another half inch.

Any suggestions?

Clamps?

I was using neither plastic nor metal...they screw into the bulkhead.

A flex hose "screws" into a bulkhead. Not sure I know what you're working with.

Not a barbed bulkhead fitting that a hose pushes onto? That's why tecwzrd was asking about clamps.

Describe the underneath view of the bulkhead fitting. The piece that you're attaching the hose to. Barbed? Threaded?

Is this a hang on back or drilled bulkhead? Are you sure the leak isn't coming from the bulkhead i.e. A rubber seal not seated properly or a cracked bulkhead? Did you have to force anything or was it fairly smooth treading it?

Teflon tape usually is enough to keep drips from a bulkhead drain from leaking. Not sure why you only threaded it half way though, if it can be threaded more onto the bulkhead I would try that first before adding more tape.

Ahh...thanks for the explanation.

Yes, it is a flexhose connecting to a drilled bulkhead with threads. It took some effort to screw the hose in this far, as I had to use some wrenches and not just hand tighten.

Back
Top Bottom