constant outflow on RO

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pipermurphy

Aquarium Advice Freak
I am having a problem with my RO/DI system. I have a 100 GPD 5 stage unit. The problem is twofold;
1. the drain tube has a constant drain to it, there is always water coming
out of the tube. It would not be a big deal, but we are on a well. There
is not alot just a steady outflow.

2. There are two exit tubes, one goes to the DI storage tank upstairs
under the sink, the second is at the unit, this one has no product
coming out of it at all. I have a 1/4" shut off valve on it and when
I open it nothing comes out. Any ideas Why?

The auto shut off isn't working.

Well if there is two exit tubes...I would think one is the drain and one the product line.

How is you RO set up? I seem to remember you had someone hook it up for you. If you've got one going upstairs, I would think you would need a pressure tank for that. I am not really understanding how it's set up.

Can you post some pics, or a diagram?

Things were working fine when I had the 50 GPD pump installed. I changed to a 100GPD pump and that is when the prob started. The yellow drain line has the waterflow out, the blue product line does not produce RO and the other product line goes up to the holding tank upstairs, which works. The system is set to come on @<40 & off at 60. With the water outflow at a slow drip pressure drops and the pump comes on. How can I fix this.

Hmmm, your solenoid should cut water off to the unit, and your pressure switch should cut poswer to the pump. Input line should run to the pump (make sure of the direction of flow), then to the sediment and carbon filters of the RO unit, Then it should go through the solenoid (again make sure of direction of flow), then to the RO membrane, from the RO membrane, it should go to the pressure switch (direction shouldn't matter). That should control your pump and your shut offs. If your unit came with an auto shut off, that should be removed fro use with the Solenoid and the pressure switch.

The only reason I can think that the second line wouldn't get water is if there was a check valve on it and it was backwards.

Back
Top Bottom