Cooling fans help....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lonewolfblue

Aquarium Advice Addict
Well, in a previous post I asked help in making a DIY canopy. Now, if I want to put in some fans, what do I use for a power supply? I don't want to put something big in like a computer power supply. There's got to be something smaller that can be used to power 3 fans. Any ideas?

I wish I had taken pics but I use a simple 12v adapter that I have wired to all 3 of my fans. Cost about $15 at walmart. Does a great job...really small and has a nice long cord.

No, I haven't bought anything yet. Just been pricing stuff.

One other question, when you do more than 1 fan, and they are all the same size and ratings, do you place them in series or in parallel?

So, the reason I asked if you bought the fans yet was that if you have, you could simply read the current draw on the fans and size your power supply accordingly.

You will want to buy fans that all have the same voltage rating and wire them in parallel. When figuring out how big of a power supply you need, you simply add up the current rating of each fan.

For example:

This guy has a lot of cheap fans.

This power supply would power 2-3 of those same fans nicely.

Back
Top Bottom