Coral life uv sterilizer help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HEINEKEN974

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Ok 1st I wana say I missed you guys been gone for a little but now I'm back with more improved equipment, ok I got a new filter a fluval 305 that's been installed for maybe 2-3 weeks now I picked up a coral life uv sterilzer last night and when I tried to hook it up I noticed that I didn't have the connectors I guess to hook it up if u kno what I mean I have some left over tube but née to make it tight in there. Anyway when I turned off the fluval and took the tube out of the filter I found that water just drained everywhere how can I stop that and hook the uv up and what's the easy way I will get te equipmnet today when someone tells ne what u need thnks

I've a Coralife 9w Turbotwist UV Sterilizer, and have rigged a couple different ways in the past.

I'm sorry, but I don't understand exactly what your trying to communicate.
Please be more specific and/or add pics, please & thank you.
Ok 1st I wana say I missed you guys been gone for a little but now I'm back with more improved equipment, ok I got a new filter a fluval 305 that's been installed for maybe 2-3 weeks now I picked up a coral life uv sterilzer last night and when I tried to hook it up I noticed that I didn't have the connectors I guess to hook it up if u kno what I mean I have some left over tube but née to make it tight in there. Anyway when I turned off the fluval and took the tube out of the filter I found that water just drained everywhere how can I stop that and hook the uv up and what's the easy way I will get te equipmnet today when someone tells ne what u need thnks
How are you trying to hook it up to the Fluval?
And where are you mounting the unit?

Unit comes with multiple sizes of hose barb fittings with locking rings, will fit most common hose sizes. Do you need 90' elbows or some other fittings?

Leftover tubing? If it is the Fluval ribbed hose, it won't work properly on the barbed fittings of the unit. You'll need regular smooth latex hose.

If the unit is placed inline of the outflow and below the waterline, you must break the siphon in order to service the unit. Catch the excess in a bucket.

What size is your Coralife Turbo Twist?
Buy it new, have the instructions/user manual?
You can download it online, for instance here is the 9w, http://www.aquatichouse.com/uvsterilizer_files/CoralifeTurboTwist.pdf

I prefer a small variable GPH powerhead, one that will allow enough dwell time for the UV to kill algaes and parasites.
This will vary according to wattage of your UVS, e.g. the 9w will kill parasites at 55gph, algaes at 121gph and bacteria at 253gph.

9w is the size of the twist im having a issue hooking it up the extra tubbing is the fluval ribbed hose

If that's the case, don't bother... Royal PITA
Buy a appropriately sized powerhead, a couple feet of latex hose, 6-8 90' elbows, and you'll be good to go.

Mount the UVS hanging on the back of the tank.

i have 2 powerheads the latex hose i need is 6-8 90' elbows? do i go and ask for that?

Yah 600gph is way too much for a UVS. It needs to be nice and slow. The box for the unit should have its rated gph.

Yep... Way too big.
You want something capable of 55-250gph, as I listed before and in the instruction manual I linked.

Whatever you hook it up to, it should ideally be capable of pumping as slow as -55gph so as to be able to maximize it's potential.

55gph will kill almost anything parasites, algae, bacteria.
121gph will kill algae & bacteria
253gph and less will kill bacteria.

Red is uptake, green is outflow.

70820241.jpg
Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Back
Top Bottom